Friday, August 31, 2012

16 Days and Counting

Still here, still not much to report. I've been in the hospital now for over two weeks and it's starting to get a little old, but not terrible. Some days are slower than others but I still get phone calls and visitors and that helps a ton! I'm getting pretty tired of the food, but Chris and a couple friends have brought in food from the "outside" to help with that. :) I did discover one little gem the hospital has, but of course it's a dessert! It's an apple dumpling that is basically like a delicious apple pie that looks like a little present. I've only ordered it twice because I'm trying not to get huge, but it's so tempting!!!

Whichever doctor in my practice is on call comes to see me every morning. They basically just ask how I feel (which is always fine) and feel my stomach and my legs (which are always fine), I think to make it feel like they are doing something productive. It is interesting to get sooo many different opinions. Between all of them and the two different Perinatologists that have come to see me, I have been told: if my cervix is still shut tight I might as well go home at 28 weeks on bed rest, wait till 32 weeks and go home on bed rest, 34 weeks and go home on bed rest, stay here until I have the baby, that I should only have an ultra sound and not the spectrum exam (vaginal exam that opens it a little so dr's get a good look at cervix opening) because they don't want to mess with anything down there and start something, and that I should have a spectrum exam and not an ultra sound because it will tell more about my cervix. I pretty much just listen to all the opinions, ask a few questions and have just decided to wait until next week and see what the perinatologist on call and my doctor on call want to do with the exam, then depending on what they see, go from there. If the cervix has started opening even with the stitch in, then there are no debates, I will be here for the long haul.

And so, I wait. I get my temp and blood pressure checked every 4 hours (even though I've never had high or low blood pressure in my life) and I get monitored for contractions every morning and every night. I usually have about 2 to 3 a day, which I'm told is normal and not a problem. I watch netflix on my laptop, lots of TLC and HGTV and some crime shows that freak me out but are addicting. I have a few new books from friends that are good too. Chris and Lila come most every night and I try to get all my squeezes and kisses in. She thinks it's fun to make my bed go up and down, turn on the baby monitor machine, and throw her toys she keeps here in the laundry bin.
     
An unflattering picture of Lila and I watching Toy Story 3. She loves snuggling under my blankets!
               


Oh, an update on Lila's poor tooth situation...Turns out she did shove her tooth completely up into her gums. OUCH! The pediatric dentist said she had to have hit it hard and at just the right angle to do that. The good news is that the tooth should come back down on its own in about 2 months. It bleeds a little when she bites something on it or bumps her mouth, but it's not too bad. He said she will be uncomfortable, like she is teething again. He prescribed some numbing medication but Chris said it's hard to get it on her gum in the right spot because of all her squirming. Shocking. The dentist told him that 90% of the time, the tooth is fine and doesn't die or anything. He also said the permanent tooth could have been chipped when the baby tooth was jammed back in, but we'd have to wait and see. That is easily fixed though. I am just so grateful that so far it looks like there will be no sedation, needles, crowns and all the other things we were dreading!

I keep feeling like even though bad things are happening with out family right now, we have had the best situations possible in those scenarios and feel really blessed. We've received a lot of help and encouragement and it means a lot to us!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

oh danielle and her blankets...hehe

Glad you are still hanging in there. Wish I lived closer so I could come see you!

Elevated Living said...

Oh Danielle~ felt like I needed to see what you guys were up to...what an ordeal:( Glad to know it is at least going well for what it is. You know, think of it this way, when you have two kids (and Chris) to run around after, there will be days you wish you could lay in bed all day, read a book, watch a movie and have someone else bring you food:P Good luck you guys, we will be thinking of you and praying for the best! Love you:)

Elevated Living said...

That last comment was from me, Andrea (and Dave:) Wade...don't know what account Dave has me signed is as half the time!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You are amazing...I know sitting there is probably so hard for you, but I'm glad you've found some little luxuries of life ;) We are thinking about you and praying for you!

Audra Bollard said...

I think you should order that apple dumpling thing everyday :) Just sayin . . .

Holly said...

You should watch Psych. I don't know if you have ever seen it but it is awesome! It gives you the interesting crime solving aspect but it is a comedy so it isn't too creepy. It's kind of a modern day, comedic Sherlock Holmes. I watched it on Netflix and it is so addicting. I think there are 5 seasons so it will keep you busy for awhile! It does take a few episodes to get into though. I wish I could come be one of your visitors.