Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 3

Not too much new today. I had a high blood sugar count at 6am because they had just given me the second steroid shot before bed so I had to get a shot of insulin. If all this poking doesn't cure me of my fear of needles, I don't know what will! I started off feeling kind of low, I think because I woke up around 4:30 am and just couldn't turn my mind off. I kept going through scenarios of having a premature baby and all that could entail, wondering if Lila was going to be okay without me for so long, what in the world we were going to do with her long term and everything else. Then having the insulin shot just made me kind of mad to be honest! :) They didn't have the results of my glucose test from Wed at the dr yet, so the nurses kept saying that if it came back high, I would be doing this throughout my whole pregnancy. I knew if I was here in the hospital they wouldn't let me get away with missing a single poke and I would be on the strict diet the whole time. Luckily later in the day I was told I had passed the glucose test, so i just have to do this for a few more days until the steroid is out of my system.

After a nice, hot shower I was feeling better though and then had a visit from someone at church who wanted to know how they would help with whatever we needed food wise and with child care. I knew my friends and everyone else would be willing to help with Lila, but I was having a hard time thinking about her going to different homes everyday and just feeling unsettled. Luckily right then I got a call from Chris who had dropped Lila off at my friend, Tara's before work. They talked and she said she would love to watch Lila everyday and had been looking for something to do anyway. My parents had offered to help pay for someone to watch Lila and this just worked perfectly! She is an amazing woman with a lot for Lila to do at her house and in her backyard. She will also be watching boy/girl twins soon who are Lila's age. I think it will be really good for Lila to get more socialization and maybe this will help with her crazy separation anxiety issues! While I am still struggling with the fact that someone else will be taking care of Lila for me, this is the best possible solution I could have hoped for. Members of our church will help make some freezer meals for Chris and Lila and offered to help clean too. Again, the outpouring of help and love has been amazing and really humbled me.

With this issue taken care of, I feel so much better and now just need to keep our little guy happy in my belly for a lot longer! I had a surprise visit from my friend Kirsten and her daughter Katie who had just returned from her mission. It was so great to see them and to chat. It really made the day go by faster.

A neonatal doctor came by to answer some questions I had about premature babies. It was a lot of information and a little scary, but I want to be prepared just in case. I keep feeling like he won't come any time soon, but I can't really predict that.

Chris, Lila, my mother-in-law Debbi, sister-in-law Camie and her kids came to visit tonight. It is funny to see how interested kids are in all the gadgets in hospital rooms. Lila kept trying to pull the emergency cord that brings like 10 nurses running into the room! Chris was able to thwart her though and we had a good but short visit. By the end of the night, she is just done and doesn't understand why I am stuck in bed. Chris's family has also been so kind to offer a lot of help and Camie even offered to give me a pedicure one day! I just might take her up on it. :)

I am going to bed tonight feeling a lot more settled and reassured about our family's situation. I feel really blessed to be going through this at a time when there is so much technology to help me keep these babies that just want to come too early. I can really feel my Heavenly Father's love for me and my family.

8 comments:

Susan R said...

I think a better scenario is that you move to Colorado and I will take care of Lila. You wouldn't have to pay me either. Seriously....I think Lila said she likes that idea best. Really, I heard her say it.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Prayers coming your way...I feel terrible for you having to sit in an uncomfortable bed all day, however I am loving the blog posts :) wish I could come hang out with you! So glad you have so many people who love you so close.

AMSJ Warwood said...

Thank you for sharing this! I am terrified as to what is going to happen when I am pregnant again. Being on bed rest for 3 months sucked. I wish I could help out in some way. I will keep praying for you and your family!

Elise said...

I really appreciate you writing this. I wish we lived closer so we could help you out. But we are thinking and praying for you! We're anxiously awaiting more updates and hope everything goes well.

Kelli said...

Oh Danielle, you are so amazing! I sit here crying reading your story (let's blame it on pregnancy!) wishing there was some way I could help! Know that you and baby have been and will continue to be in our prayers! Hopefully only good news will come from here on out. Sending our love!

KatieB said...

hang in there! prayers going your way!

Mom C. said...

Oh my Danielle
Can't even imagine what an emotional roller coaster you are on. WIth prayers and technology I am sure you and that little guy will do just fine! We all are praying for you!!! Thank you for the blog updates!
Love ya, Aunt Nila

Mom C. said...

Oh my Danielle ~
Can't even imagine what an emotional roller coaster you are on. WIth prayers and technology I am sure you and that little guy will do just fine! We all are praying for you!!! Thank you for the blog updates!
Love ya, Aunt Nila