Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lila's 2!


                                                  Happy Birthday Lila! My baby is 2!


It's kind of ironic that two years ago today, I was in this same hospital having Lila. Now I'm trying to keep her brother in! :) 



For 2 years Chris and I have been lucky enough to raise this little girl. I feel like we are still trying to figure her out! Just when we think we know her and what to expect, she does something totally unexpected. For example, she is apparently doing fantastic at my friend's house and is totally happy. I get pictures texted to me of Lila having a blast! She even texted me to let me know they had done 3 hours of shopping and she was the best shopping buddy ever. That is something I didn't think I'd ever hear! She is always the absolute hardest to shop with. I guess I have some things to learn from Tara! I thought she would have a really hard time being at someone's house everyday, but surprise, she's fine!

Lila loves being outside doing just about anything. She loves to swim and I wish I wasn't on bed rest because I think I could have had Lila swimming by the end of this summer had I been allowed to be in water after my cerclage. She has no fear of water, blows bubbles, kicks her legs and dunks her head. She just needed some instruction. She loves water even if she can't be in it. She dumps it, dips toys in it and anything else. My parents got her an outdoor water table for her birthday that has fun things hooked on that spin, etc when you pour water in it. I'm sure she'll love it!

She also likes to go on walks to feed the ducks down the street. Chris told me there was a duck that tried to nip at her the other day and she shook her little finger at it saying, "no no no no no no" over and over in a very animated way. Wish I could have seen that! You have to be fast though, because she is speedy and has no problem just taking off. 

Lila is still not much of a talker, although Chris said he thinks she is trying to say more since being at Tara's. She babysits a set of twins some of the time and her own kids are home for several of the hours Lila is there, so she is definitely being exposed to more conversation. It should help! At her party today, she opened a big Buzz with all the works and she said, "Bu, Bu!" So at least she is trying to say Buzz. 

While she's not a big talker, she sure is a big eater. Although she doesn't like a lot of the typical "kid foods." She prefers steak, shrimp, grilled chicken and pistachios but refuses to eat much pasta, cheese, bread, crackers or potatoes. Go figure.  Like most kids though, she doesn't turn down much that's sweet! She does know the word "more" and uses it often! :) When we took out her cake today, she stuck her thumb in the icing, sucked it off and announced, "Yum!" to everyone. 

Lila had a Toy Story party today which kind of cracks me up because I just saw pictures and talked to family about my niece, Chloe's birthday last week in which everything princess, pink and girly was seen. I'm sure that will be Lila soon, but for now she loves Woody and Buzz! I ordered her a Toy Story  cake from the grocery store and my mother in law picked up a ton of fun things that were all Toy Story. We had balloons, gift bags, pin the tail on Bullseye and more. She got a ton of fun gifts and I must say I'm a little jealous that I won't reap the benefits of her being enamored with all her new things for a while. It should keep her busy for a long time! Chris and I (after much debating) got her a Little Tikes slide for inside the house. I didn't want my house to turn into a jungle gym, but with me being here and a new baby coming in the near future, we decided she needs something to burn energy inside. She loves it! She got all kinds of new books, some cute clothes, tons of Toy Story figures and toys, a real but miniature shopping cart, a water table, a baby doll high chair and cradle, a plastic seesaw (also for inside), a toy with pegs that you hammer (but thankfully don't come all the way out), a couple movies and some other fun things! This girl got spoiled and it's killing me I can't see her play with all of it!!!

Lila did manage to make 2 exciting by knocking her front tooth out yesterday! I still can't believe she did that. She fell while running on the tile and hit her face. We had a dentist friend just take a look at her since it was a Saturday night and it's hard to tell if it broke off all the way at the top or if the tooth got shoved up into her gums. That just sounds painful! It's so hard knowing I can't do a thing to help her at the dentist. She will have to be sedated and we still don't know what will have to be done. I can't imagine that she just won't have a tooth until her adult tooth grows in but I don't know that I want her to go through a crown either. Chris is taking her in tomorrow so we should know more. She did wake up at 4am yesterday, so I'm guessing it's bothering her. She wouldn't nap today either and she was very crabby for her party. We sang, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" on more than one occasion. I'm sure the entire floor of the hospital was pretty glad when Lila and her cousins left! 

I have a feeling we have many more exciting years ahead of us with this fireball! I look forward to seeing all of it. Happy Birthday Lila!








4 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Happy Birthday Lila! So fun that you were able to have a little party at the hospital. It sounds like you guys are making this less than ideal situation work out pretty well. Hope you get her little tooth situation figured out soon, so sad :(

wb said...

Wow, what a day! Definitely a birthday you'll always remember. I love how happy she looks with her Buzz toy. I can't believe she knocked her tooth out, poor little girl . . . I guess dental drama runs in the family (let me know if/how they sedate her, I can tell Chris what to expect). Talk to you soon.

Elise said...

What a little cutie! Kaden's obsessed with Toy Story as well... in fact, we are watching it now as I type this. Haha. I'm glad she's doing so well at your friend's house. It sounds like she's adjusting quite well. Glad it turned out to be a happy birthday!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday Lila!!!