Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 2


Thursday started early after a bad nights sleep with nurses doing more vitals and blood sugar tests. Chris got the day off work and spent some time with Lila in the morning then dropped her at a friend's house for the day. He came to the hospital to be with me and hear what the doctors thought. The perinatologist came to talk to us and let us know I was definitely in a dangerous situation and they wanted me to stay here until I was at least 28 weeks, more likely 32, and possibly until I deliver. That was hard to take for me, knowing I wouldn't see Lila everyday until the evening when Chris could bring her and knowing I was going to be in one hospital room for a long time. On the other hand, I want this baby to stay in as long as possible and know my best chances of that are by being monitored here.

The hard part is that my regular OB came by too and thinks that if all looks steady in the next ultra sound that they will probably give next week, that they can think about sending me home on strict bed rest. To have two such different opinions is hard and I guess we will just wait to see what the ultra sound looks like and go from there.

Most of the day passed with me talking to family on the phone and trying to get details sorted out for Lila and Chris. My family has been incredibly supportive and has offered a lot of help. I just wish they didn't live across the country! Chris left to get Lila so I could see her for a little bit. She knows something is off and didn't want to sit with me on the hospital bed too long until I enticed her with some pistachios and Finding Nemo on TV. We had a good cuddle and then she needed to go home to sleep. My husband is amazing and has completely taken over laundry, groceries and getting Lila all taken care of. I just have to teach him how to do her hair now so all that time I spent making sure she would leave hair bows in isn't wasted! :) I got many calls and texts from friends and people at church wanting to know what they could do to help. I have been so thankful for everyone's willingness and concern!

No comments: