Sunday, February 1, 2009

Soooooo Sick!


I teach 8 year olds that like to talk to me two inches away from my face, like to hug me, forget to cover their mouths when they sneeze, and don't like to waste time washing their hands. 

Combine that with our crazy weather change (frost in Florida!!)

Add to that the fact that I don't exactly get the recommended 8 hours of sleep. What does this add up to? Being totally and completely sick! Bleck! Luckily, Chris stepped up and cleaned the house, did the laundry (although I think he just doesn't want to be infected), brought me food, and has asked me what I need many times. So for the last few days I have been grateful for these few comfort items:

An early Valentine's present from Chris. I have been wearing them quite a lot, even while sleeping!


The most comfortable blanket ever that my parents gave me for Christmas two years ago.
(One item I have managed to make Chris hold off on washing just yet.)

And, since I haven't been able to sleep much, a book to help me pass the time. I'll let you know if its any good.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Hope you feel better soon! A friend just dropped the same book off for me and she said it was great. Let me know what you think.

Jenna said...

oh no! I hope you feel better! you are bound to get sick once every year...ugh! i loveee those boots though! i want some! however....haha I don't think Singapore would be the best place to wear them!

Kirs:) said...

I LOVE the boots, they are so cozy! Katie has some and loves them!
Hope your feeling better soon! Maybe the chicken soup fairy will drop by tonight:)

Annalisa said...

i really hope you feel better soon.

Audra Bollard said...

You and blankies--some things never change.

Give the book a chance, it gets better as it goes on. I hope you like it.

Hope you feel better!

The Upchurch Family said...

Love the boots! I have the same ones and I know what you mean when you say you wear them all the time...they are so warm and comfortable! I wore them to work every day the last week before I went on maternity leave, hoping no one would notice (or care). Hope you are feeling better by now, and we'll see you in a couple weeks!