Tuesday, February 10, 2009

25 Random Things Tag

I really have nothing to post about, but I know it drives me nuts when I check people's blogs and they have the same thing up forever. (hopefully I didn't hurt feelings!) My cousin tagged me with one of those 25 random things about you tags. Just stop here if you don't want to read a list.

1. I have no problem splurging for shirts, dresses, skirts, and jackets but hate spending much on shoes, jeans, and athletic wear. This makes me a really good bargain shopper though!

2. I have pretty much a hate/hate relationship with my red hair, but I can't bring myself to try dying it. Weird, I know. 

3. I don't like tomatoes, however, I will eat them cooked or in mexican food.

4. I love to read. I will try most genres but my favorites are children's books and 17-18th century english literature. Current reads: Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. Yes, I am reading books by sisters. I guess I wanted to compare them.

5. I wouldn't mind spending most all of my vacations with family. 

6. I think the San Diego Temple is the prettiest building I have ever seen/been in. 

7. I have started to become addicted to 7-11's hot chocolate. I love the taste of the cheap stuff better than hot chocolate at nice places. I have to tell myself each night now that I don't need any.

8. I will watch or play most any sport. Soccer is the funnest to play and football the funnest to watch...in my opinion of course. Now that I'm an adult I have grown to like going to the gym.

9. I hate the color pink, but I love being and dressing girly, yet I have no problem getting dirty.

10. I don't like decorating my house because I want stuff out of my price range.

11. I could spend days at the tide pools in La Jolla, CA without getting bored.

12. I crave Sombrero's mexican food from San Diego a lot. I have even considered paying my parents to overnight me some on dry ice. 

13. I love christmas trees. They literally make me happier when I see them. Mine goes up right after Thanksgiving and goes down the week after New Year's. 

14. My husband says my body temperature is very "messed up". My extremities are usually either freezing or burning.

15. I can't walk by a blanket without touching it to see if it is soft. I have more blankets than a 26 year old should. Yes, I still sleep with a "blankie." 

16. I prefer baths to showers. That's my favorite place to read.

17. I have tried most brands of sunless tanner. It really stinks being pale.

18. I am normally just not that competative of a person but I can turn it on in certain instances. 

19. I love the color blue.

20. I am a total cuddler.

21. I can cry easily in books and movies but crying children have almost no effect on me. I guess I've seen too many fakers in my time teaching.

22. I seem to be one of the few left that is not cynical about marriage. I believe in true love, faithfulness and happily ever afters. 

23. I can't imagine doing any other profession besides teaching. I have known I would be a teacher for as long as I can remember. 

24. Growing up my cousins were my best friends. We spent the night at each other's houses as often as we could, were in school and church classes together, spent every holiday together, and they were even my bridesmaids along with my and Chris's sister. 

25. I was (and still am) freaked out of getting in trouble growing up. This is funny because I have really kind, patient, and understanding parents. I have never even had a detention. 

Now you know more random things about me than you ever wanted to!

 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your red hair!! I would kill for hair as beautiful as yours!

Holly said...

I totally know what you mean about 7-11 hot chocolate, normally I don't like hot chocolate but I love their's, Jonny got me on it. And I also agree about baths, I love them and I love reading in them!