Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Proposal

Yesterday I got to help with the proposal of my suite mate, Melissa at work! She teaches right next to me with our rooms connected by a small hallway, so we talk a lot and are pretty close. Her boyfriend had called Chris and had him make the ring and I didn't even know about it! I guess he asked Chris not to say anything. Then Brady (her boyfriend) called me a few days ago and asked if I could help with the proposal because he wanted her students to play a part. I was very excited for her and we concocted a plan. Luckily it all went perfectly and she was shocked! 

Our plan was for Brady to hide in another teacher's classroom then for the office to call Melissa down for some made up reason. Unfortunately they were mean and the principal called her into the office to talk to her about moving her to 4th grade next year. Anyway, as soon as she left I grabbed Brady and we had all her students write "Say Yes! Love, their name", on some valentines he had brought. They put them in envelopes and we laid them on a large rug she has on the ground. 

He went back to the teacher's classroom and she came back in all wound up about what the principal had talked to her about. I told her that her students had been all secretive while she was gone and I thought they were working on a valentine surprise for her. She went over to the carpet and started opening all the cards. She was so confused and the students just kept yelling for her to keep opening the cards. I had texted Brady that she had started opening, so he waited a minute then came in the room with roses. She didn't see him for  a minute and kept opening. Finally she looked up and saw him there in his suit and all. She was so shocked, it was awesome!  He got down on a knee and proposed. Her face was so red and she was tearing up. She said yes and the whole class (including mine who couldn't resist coming in) cheered and was jumping up and down. You should have seen how excited they were to help. It was really sweet. The ring Chris made is amazing and huge! She LOVED it and it was perfect. I am so happy for her because he is a really great guy and they are really in love with each other! I took pictures, but they aren't so great on here because I either had to crop of fuzz out students because we can't post pictures of them online.

Her opening the cards on the carpet
She finally looks up and sees him
The proposal
A yes and a hug
The beautiful ring

Melissa and I

No comments: