Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving to the Extreme


Chris and I went to our friends, Francois and Stacey's house to eat Chili and carve pumpkins. In my head I was imagining these pumpkins with scary faces or cats or something. But no... the boys created some pretty disturbing pumpkins. If you have small children in the room, do not proceed. Just kidding... kinda. 
Francois (my physical trainer), Stacey (his wife), Oliver (his brother)
Me carving my NICE beach scene pumpkin

Yes, Chris was making this face on purpose
My surfer girl and sun
     My sandcastle and palm tree. Everyone kept calling my sandcastle an Aztec pyramid :(
Oliver and Francois proudly smiling. Oliver's was a scene from the movie, "Tropic Thunder." Didn't see the movie, but I guess there was a guy shooting two guns in it. (Far left). Francois' is the big center one. Can you guess what it is? Probably not. It is a baby being eaten by a crazy dude. The baby's leg is being held by the arm, and it is sticking out of the mouth. Disturbing, I know. 
Stacey's is the spider one
Chris's is the one in the front of a pumpkin being shot and his brains coming out the side of his head. Yep, another disturbing one. He was pretty proud of it though. His first wish was to have a carrot sticking out of it, but we only had baby carrots. Why a carrot you ask? No idea!
Close up


It actually got down to 60 degrees tonight! We were *gasp* cold in Florida!

5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I like yours the best! What a cute idea :) We're carving tomorrow night, hopefully I can think of something good.

Holly said...

I agree with Taryn yours is very cute and unique!

Filetti Family said...

Wow, way to be creative! Mine are always the lame traditional ones. I'm still working on my carving skills.

Jenna said...

how fun! wish we could have been there! we didn't even do anything for halloween...maybe because the pumpkins are like $50 here!

Austin said...

Very impressed with your surfer girl!