Sunday, September 7, 2008

Golf & Girls


Despite the slightly suggestive title (I am now realizing), life has been pretty typical lately. Here are a couple updates. On labor day Chris and I pretty much just hung out at home until the late afternoon when I gave in and rode along in the golf cart while Chris enjoyed his most favorite thing in the world. I had fun once Chris started playing better a few holes into the game. He is not fun to golf with when he isn't hitting well! I don't think my little, "It's just a game!" comments helped much. Oops. We saw some fun wild life while on the course though. 

I love turtles! This one hid inside his shell when we came near, then ran (for a turtle) really fast towards the water as soon as we drove away.
We saw these creatures by the water and are pretty sure they are river otters. They were so cute!


Of course, more of my buddies, the sand cranes. Chris told me this one has a broken wing from a guy that got mad after a shot and hit another ball really hard which ended up hitting the bird and breaking his poor wing. Bummer! 

Last night I got to go to my friend Toni's for a girl's night (hence the golf and girls title). We had a good time talking, eating, failing miserably at Dance Dance Revolution, and enjoying time with each other. 



2 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

I am so showing Luke this post when he wakes up tomorrow (ANIMALS!).

KatieB said...

i'm pretty sure if i ever want to see my husband after he retires it will be from the passenger seat of a golf cart. let's just hope there's some wildlife to distract me...