Sunday, September 7, 2008

Welcome to my Job

Question:
If you are 7 years old, taking a test in school, finish writing your answer and are waiting for the next question to be read, what do you do?
a) sit quietly 
b) reread the question to make sure you got it right
c) daydream
d) figure out that pencil topper erasers can act as suction cups all over your face and share that knowledge with your 7 year old neighbor who copies you.

You guessed it, choices a-c are WAY too normal. Choice d is what I saw while walking around my room during a reading test. I am not allowed to post pictures of my students on the internet, so I cropped this one because it is too good to pass up. I know I shouldn't condone this behavior, but I couldn't help busting up and taking a picture. The other boy had them on his cheeks, neck and chin, but pulled them off when I whipped out my camera. As you can see, this child is not shy. The part I should have taken a picture of is the suction marks about 10 of my students had after removing the erasers off their bodies. That's right, welcome to my job.

4 comments:

Jon + Kat said...

that's actually pretty cool if you think about it! at least they aren't rubbing the erasers on their skin because it leaves burn marks if you do it enough. We had kids who did that in school. Yuck.

Audra Bollard said...

Awesome.

Hope your birthday was great!

Austin said...

Wow! Who ever would have guessed! Thanks for the laugh!

Jenni said...

Oh happy birthday Danny! I forgot that we had the same birthday month. Mine is in a week...and 27 sounds really scary to me. Oh well...life's been fun so far! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I love hearing from you and Jena dn Katrina. It would be fun to get together again some day.

You have also got to be the best teacher. Way to go! Hear from you soon (or at least read somethingof yours soon) :)