Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


Monday the 8th was my birthday and it was a really nice one! I feel like as I get a bit older, I really don't care about having a party or some amazing day. I just want a good meal (that I didn't have to cook), a few fun presents, phone calls from family and friends, and to not have to clean. My students were really cute in trying to be good for my birthday. When a kid would act up, about 5 others would yell, "HEY, BE QUIET! IT'S MRS. HARRIS'S BIRTHDAY!" Because, you know, that really helps. One mom even brought in a cake and flowers and I got a few other little gifts and cards from students. Chris and his parents took me out to a Japanese Hibachi place called Tokyo. It is sooo good! His mom also made me a cheesecake and banana bread. We came home and I opened presents. Chris had gotten me roses and gets extra points this year for my gift. I have to get the benefits from being married to a guy in the jewelry business right?
Chris got me this ring and it is awesome!
Here we are at Tokyo. (A thanks to my grandma who's birthday money paid for my new shirt!)
Me with my presents. I got some beautiful jewelry and stamps from my parents, a cool serving piece from my sister, some gift cards from Chris's parents (including to my fav. store, Banana Republic), and some great cards and spending money from grandparents. A huge thank you to everyone who made me feel loved on my birthday! Here are some cute cards I got from students. The first I thought was hilarious, and given to me by a student I had last year! Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to make them go the right way!



7 comments:

Jon + Kat said...

happy birthday to you! hot ring! when we finally have money, i'm going to make jon call chris! i really hope we both make it out of hurricane season in one piece too!

Audra Bollard said...

I'm loving the spelling on those cards. And that the new teacher is "a little mean."

Glad you liked you present. That shirt is gorgeous on you.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! Wish I were there to help you celebrate! Birthday cards from students are the best - so cute and genuine!

KatieB said...

i want one of those rings!

Wilde Lady said...

Your ring is gorgeous! I can't wait to see it. What a great Birthday!

Annalisa said...

wow, great ring! happy birthday!! i'm a september baby too, yeah, sapphires are the best!!

Austin said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had a great one. The ring looks beautiful, I want one!