Monday, September 29, 2008

Gloop


My class got to do a fun science experiment on Friday called Gloop. It is a mixture of glue, water, paint, and borax. We did it to show the change in matter from a liquid to a solid. The kids had an absolute blast and I am hoping they learned something from it too! The only bad part was that I let them all take some gloop home in plastic baggies and when I asked if they had fun playing with it over the weekend, I heard some horror stories. One girl said she left it (out of the baggie) on her bed and it left a purple blotch on her sheet. Another girl left it on her couch and she said her mom took it away and made her scrub the couch. A boy said his mom threw it away. Several other children said they left it out and it spread off the table and onto the floor. These parents must have hated me!!! 




3 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I love that stuff, I remember making it back in the day...so much fun! What a good teacher you are, even if the parents might hate you for a few days :)

Emily Parks said...

it does look like fun.

The Upchurch Family said...

Hey, Danielle! I'm officially a blogger now. I love the gloop, and I'm sure the parents will get over it. :o)