Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Calling All Artists

So I searched the internet and clip art for a while trying to find a picture to portray how I am feeling after working on getting ready for the new school year for the past four days. Unfortunately, when typing in words and phrases like: "cartoon frustrated", "cartoon of exploding head", "picture of exhausted" and "really tired", I found nothing that came close (at least nothing that wasn't a little sickening, having to do with smashing a computer or of a mom with 3 or more kids hanging off her.) 
But seriously, I have had a headache for four days and have to have dropped a pound or two from getting my room organized the way I want it and trying to figure out what I am supposed to do with all 50 plus pieces of our brand new reading curriculum. 
It will honestly be a relief when it is all done and the kids can come and enjoy all the hard work...not to mention the parents who will be sizing me up! Luckily, I love how my room is turning out and I feel really organized and ready. Sorry I don't have pictures, but I will post some when I finalize everything.
  So anyway, if anyone is a great artist, there is a need for a cartoonish picture of a woman with a very tired/frustrated/overloaded look on her face and maybe a little steam or explosion coming out of the top of her head. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Emily Parks said...

Hi Danielle. I'm glad you started a blog. It's a great way to keep in touch. Here's my blog:
ceemparks.blogspot.com

oh, will you email me your address to: emparks@cox.net
I was thinking, sometimes we get pencils and other fun stuff returned to my work that I thought your kids would like to use. About how many students will you have.

KatieB said...

you are an amazing teacher. the kids are so lucky to have you!

Annalisa said...

i like these ones http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?src=quick&contractUrl=2&assetType=image&family=creative&phrase=frustrated#