Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happiest Place on Earth



No, I'm not talking about Disneyland... or Disney World for the Floridians, I am talking about San Diego! San Diego is my birthplace and I am having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that I don't live there anymore. Luckily I have most all of my family living there, so I get to visit my mecca and soak up as much atmosphere as possible. I recently went home to see my brother, David, off on his mission to West Virginia. Luckily, I stayed for 10 days and got to have all kinds of fun!


Here we are before Dave gets set apart.


Here's Dave as he is about to go through security. It was sadder than I had anticipated to say good bye to my little brother, but I just keep thinking that I would be so angry at him if he had stayed! 

Though it looks like my sister is smiling at an upset Luke, don't be deceived. Those who know Luke will recognize that he is being his favorite animal right now. The king of the jungle himself...a lion!

Here is Aud and I at the Wild Animal Park. How did we get this stunning picture, you ask? Take a look at the bottom left hand corner for a hint. That's right. Ethan is quite the photographer in a pinch!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay - another blogger buddy! Now I can keep up with you! Glad you got to go see your family again! Your nephews are so cute!

Jenni said...

I am so glad you have a blog now. Looks like you had fun in san Diego. mark and I hope to live there some day. Mark works for Boeing here and is always looking at new openings there. Can't wait to see pictures of you and chris. Cute family and sad day when a brother leaves on a mission but happy reunions right? Yea for blogs!

Jenna said...

yay you finally made one! i can't wait to see what you guys have been up to!! Hope all is well! We miss you guys!

Audra Bollard said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere little sis. Glad you could get that lovely pic of me all sweaty at the wild animal park posted!

Kirs:) said...

Now I can read your blog too! :)
Your pictures made me miss San Diego so much! I am so glad you had such a great trip.
Kirsten:)

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I am SO excited! Yeah :) You better be good about updating though, haha. I miss you! Hope the rest of your summer is going well. Grant started school so ours is now over :( oh well. Things are going well for him so far though so it's good!

Wilde Lady said...

So you got dragged into this too huh? I do have to admit that it's so much easier to catch up with everyone this way and fun to see the pictures! I'm glad that you've started one, so now I can see what you guys are up to. Have fun blogging!