Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2 Months

Lila is now 2 months old! I can't believe it! She seems to be growing and changing so fast. Here are some new pictures and things she does.
She gives lots of smiles now...unless I am trying to show someone her smiles.



I love this face! I can't stop kissing her cheeks. Surprisingly this is the only place she has rolls and chub. She still has skinny arms and legs.

During the day she sleeps longer on the couch. Why? I have no idea. Maybe we should break this habit.

Her favorite thing after she eats is to fling herself over my lap and hang upside down, smacking and licking her lips. When I try to pull her up she arches her back and throws herself back down or pushes back with her feet. I promise I'm not a bad mom, she really likes this.

I have finally found something Lila likes to lay in! Can I just say, thank goodness?! I put her play gym together a couple weeks ago, thinking that this was a futile act since no other baby thing seems to hold her fancy (aka she screams in her swing and bouncy so hard she practically stops breathing). Lo and behold, she actually will lie under it and look at the flashing sea turtle and dangling toys that her frantic little arms accidentally hit for more than 10 minutes.

Lila likes bath time. When she first feels the water she gets an, "I don't know about this" look on her face but soon warms up to the idea of getting wet.

Her hair cracks me up. She has baby fuzz on the top and sides but has about 1 inch of hair that hangs down her neck. I guess that is a nice description of a mullet.



I know you can't see her face in this picture, but I had to show off her sweet gold shoes. I wish I could wear most things in her closet!

I can't wait for our trunk or treat at church so Lila can wear her Halloween costume. She got to wear most of it last Saturday to a friend's halloween party, but I didn't have time to finish her tutu. I'll post pictures when she has the whole thing on. Be prepared to see the cutest baby ballerina ever, or so this mom says.

This girls has so much spice and spunk already, it is crazy! She gets amazing distance when she decides she doesn't want her binky and spits it out. She refuses to lay her head on my shoulder to relax or be burped unless she is ridiculously tired in the middle of the night. This means she has a really strong neck and uses it to look all around her. She is incredibly alert and loves to take everything in. Lila likes to stand, putting weight on her legs. I think this makes her feel like a big girl. :) Lila and I like to stroll around different malls and neighborhoods for some exercise for me and sleep for her. We also like to hang out at friends' houses for a change or scenery and adults to talk to.
Lila's acid reflux is finally more under control now and she is so much happier throughout the day. I think she has a touch of colic, but it is not so bad. Lila is still mixed up on night and day. Her average bed time is around 3 am. Lucky me. She will take little 20 minute naps earlier than that, but isn't really down until then. She will keep eating and going back to sleep for good stretches until around 11am or noon. This lets me catch up on some sleep but is not so good when we have to be somewhere. I'm going to have to buck up soon and keep her awake in the morning so she goes to bed earlier at night.
We love our Lila!

7 comments:

Jenna said...

I just smiled the whole time reading this post. She is so cute! I love all the pictures and I love reading about ya'lls new baby adventures!

Susan R said...

Oh my gosh! She's soooooo adorable. What a sweet face. She's obviously a good eater. What size clothes is she wearing?
It's amazing how fast they grow yeah?
One minute they are learning how to walk and the next they are asking to borrow the car. Buck up...it's coming.

AMSJ Warwood said...

She is so adorable Danielle!! It is crazy how much she looks like you and nothing like Chris. I love all of her cute outfits! I bet it is so much fun playing dress up with her!

Kelli said...

She is super cute!

KatieB said...

i love all her outfits! she is so stylish. try reading the baby whisperer book. that really helped me with naps and bed time. no one should be going to bed at 3 am, that sound miserable!

Greg and Betsy Rose said...

She is adorable. One picture has a definite Rose look about it, someone in your family, maybe even a Calder look.
Holly was a movement hater also. She liked to be strapped to me, but hated the swing and the car, she just screamed. She was also very sensitive to loud noise or music.
Looks like you are having lots of fun, wish we could see her soon.

KFelder said...

I love your baby she is beautiful! Sounds like you are having so much fun being a mom. Keep updating I really enjoy reading about little Lila