Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween and Grandpa and Grandma Visit


Until Lila is old enough to choose what she wants to be for halloween, I get to pick and will enjoy it thoroughly. I know a lot of babies wear the stuffed, plush animal outfits, but Florida weather is unpredictable in October and early November and I didn't want to buy something she would sweat to death in. Plus, I couldn't resist the idea of her being a ballerina since if she gets my genes, it may be the only time she can pull off being something dance related. I was better at slide tackling girls on the soccer field than twirling on tiny shoes.

I made her tutu and hair bow. The tights have the ballerina ribbon and shoe pattern on them, but it's hard to see.
Cousin Calla decided to get in on the tutu action wearing one she has refused to put on for over a year until seeing Lila in hers! Gotta love kids.



Lila slept during the ENTIRE trunk or treat at church. Sigh. This is my attempt to get a picture that night when she half awoke for 2 seconds. I didn't get to show off her costume to it's full extent but she was beautiful in her car seat. The first picture is actually on a different day when I brought her to Chris's parent's house to show them her costume. Yes, I am soaking this holiday with a kid thing up. I know it's probably a little sickening. :)

My parents came to visit this last week for Lila's blessing at church (which I have lots of pictures for to do a separate post soon). My dad met Lila for the first time and my mom was amazed at how much she has already changed. I kept them busy with shopping, cooking for the blessing, not to mention cleaning out my entire garage and installing an organizational system. If you have ever seen my garage you would realize what a big deal that was. My dad offered to do this because like all normal people, he likes working on his vacations. :) I will be forever grateful for that quirk of his!

My dad and Lila meet at the airport. She's taking him in...

My mom was really good at making Lila laugh and smile.


As you can see, we concluded the new hairband my mom brought was still a tad too big and opted for a smaller one later on. Not that I am known for worrying about the size of the bows, but hey, I have limits.

My parents were so happy to hold Lila that they even stayed up until 3am with her and let me sleep! I don't think it hurt that they were finishing a movie either. :)

She loves her mamma!



Thanks mom and dad for everything!

Here are a couple cute pictures of Lila to round things off (because you know you were thinking that was necessary):

In all her chubby glory.


4 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

I can't believe how much she's grown up! And I LOVE that picture of her asleep on Dad, so sweet. Thanks for the update, can't wait for blessing day post.

Jenna said...

So precious! I want to comment on every picture but that might take too long! :) She is growing up so fast! I love it! Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! You better bring Lila ;)

Holly said...

She is so adorable! I love the dress at the end.

Molly said...

I love all the pictures! She's such a good baby that every time I see here in person she's sleeping. It's fun to see her smile! You're doing a great job momma.