Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nursery & Baby Shower

It has been a busy last week! At least for someone who is used to doing a whole lot of nothing! My fabulous friends came to paint my nursery for me, my mom came into town to help me get the nursery ready and I also had a fabulous shower thrown for me. It was a wonderful week and I now feel ready to welcome Lila into our home whenever she decides to come (hopefully she will wait a little longer!)

I think this is a dad's right of passage. Chris did a good job getting Lila's crib all put together and I loved that he wanted to put all the bedding on right away.

Caught him off guard...


Here is my mom as we tried to put together a small table to go next to the glider. I love Ikea's style and prices but we did find ourselves saying, "How many people does it take to put an Ikea item together...?" It doesn't help that there are NO words on any instructions! We got it though and I love the table.


This gives a full view of the vinyl tree I ordered, the crib and bedding, the small table and the glider I got off of Craig's List for an awesome price.


This is the changing table/dresser. I was proud of the lamp because I couldn't find one I loved so I bought a plain shade and added the trim myself. The lower baskets have some cute toys in them. The brown basket holds things I will need to grab quickly while changing Lila.


This picture will have a white frame. I just taped the back up there for effect until I paint a black frame! White poster size frames are non existent by the way! I added hooks on the back of the door to hang hair bands and her cute hooded robe. I will take the robe off though and tie ribbon to the hook to put all her clips on.


I am in love with these curtains! Obviously they are not hung yet, but I wanted to show the cute ruffle at the bottom. I can't wait to get them up and see the effect they have on the room. I am waiting until Chris's dad can come over and drill something heavy duty into the wall in case Lila ever decides to be adventurous and yank or swing on the curtains.


This might be just too detailed for all of you, so this is for me and my mom. One of my mom's specialties is organizing and organize we did! The bottom drawer (and possibly my favorite) has all her beautiful blankets. The middle drawer has 0-3 mo. size outfits all put together for easy matching and grabbing and pj's. The top drawer has premie size clothes, burp cloths, bibs, hats, and shoes.


This drawer has all her cute socks and some more hair items.

The shoes...enough said.





I have storage above the closet so I have these great boxes with lids to store clothes in sizes she isn't wearing.

The inside of the closet. One side has her sweaters and sweatshirts.

This side is for all her beautiful dresses. I cannot wait to dress her on Sunday's!!!

Full View. I used a hanging organizer for extra sheets, bath towels and more storage.
The black and red bag at the bottom is my hospital bag my mom helped me get packed. I am so ready! It has the cutest going home outfit for her in it (plus another one in case she poops in the first!)


Now for my shower! I was so overwhelmed at how amazing everything was! I couldn't have asked for more. Jenie Hunter and Crystal Stalker threw the shower at Jenie's house. Here is the decoration for the food table. They purposely used birds to match my nursery theme!



This is a sweet bracelet Jenie had made for Lila with her first and middle name on it.


My mom sewed this flannel patchwork blanket. So cute!

Me surrounded by mountains of presents. Everyone was so generous and I felt like I was speed opening so people wouldn't get bored watching me open!

Yummy cupcakes.

Fajitas, fiesta dip, taquitos, salsa, empanadas and more delicious food!

This is something else my mom made that she needs to start selling. It is a car seat cover that velcros on so it won't slide off when walking with her. I love it! I love the fabric and pom pom detail.

This is a blanket my mom made to match the car seat cover. Isn't she amazing?!

I messed up the lighting on this one, but it is Jenna and I at my shower. Jenna drove 4 hours from where she recently moved to be there. Good friend huh?!

My grandma and aunts on my mom's side gave me a Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bag. They are the greatest bags with every compartment you could think of needing.

I need to get more pictures from Crystal because these shower ones I grabbed from my mom and Jenna, but there are tons more! I received so many things that I needed and were adorable. Lila is set on all her gear and has enough clothing to change her outfit a couple times a day. How is she so spoiled but not even born yet?! I just felt bad at the shower that I wasn't able to talk to everyone as much as I wanted to because I spent most of the time opening gifts! I am so thankful to everyone for coming and especially Jenie and Crystal for all their hard work!
I also owe my mom big time for all she did.
Now I just need Lila to come in about a month. My cerclage comes out in 2 weeks and I cannot wait to be back up and around!

9 comments:

JennyLeighP said...

oh my gosh! im so sad that im missing all of this! i love your nursery for little lila! shes going to become a shoe addict at such a young age...love it. looks like everything is going good and i cant wait to see that belly bump in a few weeks!

Jen and Bryan said...

Oh my goodness! this little girl is going to be one spoiled baby! She deserves it though! Every time I see an update I get all excited... and then there are no baby pictures. I guess the time isn't going quite as fast as I thought it was. :) Good luck and enjoy the delivery. It is seriously the best part!! I LOVE it!!!!

Jenna said...

oh i love the end result of the nursery! i am glad that the glider worked out for you! lila is gonna be all set for YEARS based on all the clothes you have! your shower was adorable and i am glad that i was able to make it!

Susan R said...

WHOA! I have never seen so much stuff. It's amazing and all so beautiful. I'm so excited for you. I'm laughing a little thinking...yikes....she better be a she and not a he.
Did you get a diaper pail? I didn't see one of those anywhere. If not I'll get you one of those. The good one that has the filter and individual bags. I can't even remember what they are called.
Email me with your address.

Kelli said...

The nursery looks amazing, I absolutely love it! You look so good too! We can't wait for that sweet little girl to come!

The Upchurch Family said...

The nursery turned out cute! I am so excited for baby Lila to get here!!! Baby girls are so much fun!

Mom C. said...

The nursery is darling. It all looks amazing. So do YOU! You have the tiniest baby bump for being 8 months along!!!We are so excited for you! Aunt Nila

AMSJ Warwood said...

Everything turned out adorable!! We are doing a bird and tree theme in our little girl's room too. I love your tree though its adorable with the birds and butterflies. I wish someone would come and organize all my drawers like Lila's. That is a talent! You are adorable and I cannot wait to see pictures of little Lila, but hopefully not for another month or so!

KatieB said...

i love love your nursery!!! i wanted that bedding for my girls room but they were sold out in twin size...