Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Seriously Spoiled


Chris and I will be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary later this month. Normally women wait to redo their wedding rings at least until their 10 year anniversary, but when you're married to a jeweler...there has to be some benefits right? I think so. I told Chris I am a walking advertisement for his business so getting a new wedding ring will be an investment! You've got to give me points for trying. Well, I am feeling seriously spoiled because I got part of my new wedding ring last weekend! I say part because even though I am normally not high maintenance, when given permission to get a new ring, I decided to get one I really wanted so we are doing this in stages. I realize this makes me sound horrible, but I'm willing to live with those consequences.
The picture below is my new engagement ring minus the huge rock in the middle. We are putting my original diamond in the setting (for now). :) It is very sparkly!
These next two pictures are what's going to be added at a later date. I have always loved the look of stackable rings and in fact wanted only stackables for my new ring, but Chris couldn't get over the fact that I wouldn't have a solitaire. So, what I decided was to do both! I'm going to have two rose gold micro pave bands that will go on each side of the two bands above. The rose gold is softer than yellow gold and looks really good with my new setting. It creates a new design when they are all together.
This is what my solitaire will eventually look like. I love the look of pave diamonds around a round cut diamond. This will replace my original princess cut diamond eventually. I'm a patient girl!

So, thank you, thank you dear husband for being so generous! I promise I'll pass out more of your business cards! And dear friends, don't think of me as shallow, but a wife just looking to promote her husband's business! :)

7 comments:

Jenna said...

haha oh danielle! i love the pictures can now i can picture what you were talking about! oh don't feel shallow, you deserve it!

JennyLeighP said...

I LOVE the ring! Lucky girl

Kira said...

What a spoiled brat! :) Just Kidding.

Honestly, I am surprised that you waited seven years to get the ring. Its absolutely gorgeous... can't wait to see it in person.

Happy Anniversary!

KatieB said...

happy "engagement". i'm very jealous!

Kelli said...

Love it, how fun to get to design a new ring!

Jen and Bryan said...

Yep. seriously spoiled... and I'm seriously jealous!!

Audra Bollard said...

OOOhhh, so pretty! I love the pave diamonds around the solitaire too.