Thursday, June 4, 2009

I Made it Through Another Year!

In my head the Beetles are singing, "Here Comes the Sun, do do do do." Ahhh, another school year has ended and another summer is before me. We learned, we grew, we annoyed each other (they annoyed me more), we laughed, we worked, and we played. As I hugged my students and wished them a happy summer (and pried Little Creeps arms off me), I found myself already missing many of my students but being okay with not seeing some for a couple months. Harsh, I know, but you would say the same thing if you met them! I feel good about the school year and am again so happy that I get to be a teacher. I am always excited for summer break, but am always ready for a new year to start in August. I feel blessed to be able to teach and interact with these kids and watch them really grow. I think I have one of the most demanding but rewarding jobs! I am already thinking of all the projects and fun things I want to do this summer. Unfortunately, many of the "to do" things on my list are the same as last year. Like cleaning out the garage and painting some rooms in my house. Maybe I'll do those things this time. I do plan to spend time at the beach and hanging out with all my friends. Yeah for summer!

2 comments:

Kirs:) said...

Congrats on making it through another successful year of molding young minds:) I am looking forward to next year and the cast of characters that are your new class:) Now it's time to party woman!!!!

Annalisa said...

Hurray for summer!!!