Sunday, June 21, 2009

Good Old Florida Thunderstorm

For those of you who have never lived in Florida or the south, you haven't experienced a REAL thunderstorm. We get them big time in the summer. This is a pretty typical thunderstorm for this time of year. You don't get the true effect of it though because the water is so loud by my front door that it drowns out the thunder a bit and it is hard to see the actual size of each massive drop of water. The thunder is so loud it shakes my house though and for the record, the amount of water you see is only from 15 to 20 mins of rain. If you look at the street, you can see the wind blowing the water around. And yes, this is a thunderstorm not a hurricane. We do get those too though. Gotta love Florida. 

 

2 comments:

Holly said...

This will sound weird but I am so jealous! I love thunderstorms but being from CA I've never really experienced a good one. I also always seem to miss the lightning. Hope all is well with you there!

Audra Bollard said...

Are you kidding me? That's crazy. And Luke is huddled next to me with his blanket and big eyes--I think he thought it was an animal roar instead of thunder.