Monday, May 18, 2009

Finally a Decision!


This is what my house looks like right now and I am excited about it! Some of you may remember a post awhile ago asking for opinions on flooring. Yes, that was a long time ago and we are just now doing this. We ripped up everything except the bedrooms.

Chris and I couldn't decide/convince each other what flooring to get. All we knew is that we hated our ugly linoleum! He wanted Travertine and I wanted Bamboo. We did travertine in the bathrooms awhile back, but I didn't want it all over. 


We finally decided that a good compromise for us would be Saltillo Tile. It is tile, which Chris likes and a warm color, which I like. We both like the style of it and thought it would look great with our paint colors. This is our entryway without the grout and still kind of dusty.



We had a friend, Lance lay it last weekend and we love it. Chris and Lance went back to the store to buy more tile today when I get this phone call at work. It is Chris telling me that the store just got in some bamboo in the color I like and it is on sale. He is wanting to know (right then because this is how Chris works) if: I want to do bamboo instead or stick with the saltillo, or do the saltillo in the entryway and kitchen and the bamboo everywhere else.

After giving me a minute to think about it, I told him to buy the bamboo and start laying it, and I would come home right after work to see how it looked next to the saltillo. I figured if it didn't look good, then we would just rip up the tile. When I got home I saw that the bamboo didn't look good against our kitchen cabinets, but it has the same tone as the saltillo. So I decided to do the saltillo in the entryway and the kitchen and the bamboo in the living room and dining room. I hope it all looks good!

Here is all our furniture pilled in the dining room.


A studly worker. Oh, that's my husband!

7 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

YEAH!!! It is going to look amazing. I can't wait to see the finished project. Glad you guys could agree on something you both like :)

Jenna said...

wow! i'm sure it will all look great! can't wait to see it!

The Upchurch Family said...

How exciting! I wasn't sure about how the tile would look, but it looks great!

Kira said...

I couldn't believe what a great deal the bamboo was! I love bamboo-- we may just have to copy you guys! Make sure Lance doesn't slack off!

Elise said...

So I was going through the Calder Cookbook and tried out your Baked Ziti tonight. It was DELICIOUS!!! Definitely going to be making that one more often. Thanks for the great recipe!!

Unknown said...

Yay - the best of both worlds! Can't wait to see the "after" pictures! It was really good to see you the other weekend! Thanks for taking the time to hang out!

Annalisa said...

yeah! looks like lots of fun.