Monday, May 4, 2009

The Big 30


The answer is no. Chris is having his 30th birthday this Wednesday, but I managed to bring out the juvenile in him by throwing him a surprise party at...

It is basically a Chuck E. Cheese for adults. Perfect for my husband.


 





I started by secretly inviting all his guy buddies that he does his "guy's nights" with, but started hearing from their wives that they wanted to come too. Who knew we had female gamers?! 
His parents were also able to come and spend the evening with us. 




Chris is apparently now old enough to receive gag gifts like Nair for his back (which he luckily doesn't need), that spray that is supposed to look like hair, and adult diapers.  It was pretty funny. 
It all turned out great, and he was really surprised! Now I have to actually take him to the movie he thought we were going to see. I'm glad I pulled it off and was able to do something different for his birthday. 

4 comments:

Neal, Lisa, Isabella, and Tommy said...

Happy 30th Birthday to Chris!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Good work with the surprise party Danielle. I get good ideas like that but never carry through with them so I'm proud that you did :) Looks like fun!

Elise said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I enjoyed seeing you on Grandpa's 80th b-day video. :)
So, to answer your question about the hair... I use a 1 inch curling iron. I position the iron vertical, then wrap a piece of hair around the iron going upwards until it's at the very edge. Then after letting it sit, I take the end of my hair that I'm still holding and pull it upwards then let bring it down. It's not that hard, but it takes a lot of time if you have thick hair. Holy hannah that was LONG! Sorry if it's confusing!

The Upchurch Family said...

I still can't believe he's 30!!! Good job on pulling off the surprise party. Chris is pretty hard to surprise. Looks like everyone had a good time.