Saturday, March 28, 2009

Florida Perk

One of the perks of living in Florida is the fact that we have an early, long, enormous strawberry season! In our ward at church we have the nicest guy who happens to own a huge farm. What this means for us is that he offered to let anyone come to his farm and pick as many strawberries as we want...for FREE! 
I went with some friends and their kids, and had so much fun picking and eating strawberries.
Aren't they pretty?!
I brought a pretty big bucket and filled to to the brim. I wanted to pick more, but then I remembered that Chris and I don't live with 30 others (which is how many my berries would have fed) so I held back and ended up being glad because I had to wash, cut, and freeze tons of them.

5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Those look AMAZING! I am so jealous, once again. You're making Florida look better and better! Enjoy eating strawberries with every meal (I certainly could and would).

Kirs:) said...

WOW that is a ton of strawberries!
Brother Lloyd is so amazing for letting everyone do this:) The young men just went as well and nearly cleaned him out:):)

Jenna said...

oh yummy! i wish we could have been there for that! today in beijing we found a tasty strawberry treat....strawberries on a stick that were covered in melted sugar...mmmmmmm!

Unknown said...

I miss fresh strawberries! That looked fun. Who owns the farm?

Austin said...

Yum! Those look so good, what a nice guy!