Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bumming it at the Beautiful Beach


This is where I spent the greater part of the day on Saturday. Ahhh, it was so nice. It is in Sarasota, FL (about 45 mins south of us) at a beach called Siesta Key. It is my favorite beach here because of the white powder fine sand, green water, sand volleyball courts, picnic tables, playground, and easily accessible bathrooms. I went with Chris's cousin, Tierney who is visiting from Utah. I kept trying to tell her that Florida's sun is super strong, but alas, she got pretty fried in her desire to tan up before heading back to snowland. It was a beautiful day and we had a great time! Gotta love the beach! Oh, sorry for the lack of pictures of us, but I'm not one to volunteer for a picture in my swim suit very readily.  

4 comments:

Holly said...

I think maybe I need to come visit, I could do with some white sand beaches aand sun! It looks so beautiful.

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I am so jealous...and I know what you'll say, "You can come down and we'll go there together!" :) haha. We will make that happen one of these days!

The Upchurch Family said...

Sorry I had to bail at the last minute! Poor Calla was not feeling well, and I just didn't want to leave her. :o( Oh, well...there's always next time. That's one of the nice things about FL: it's always beach weather. Glad you and Tiern had a fun time!

JennyLeighP said...

hi! it was good seeing you tonight! remember if you have a free day i'd love to hang out! new blog- lanceandjennyleigh@blogspot.com