Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Belated Dr. Seuss Blog


Dr. Seuss' s birthday (March 2nd) is a big deal in 2nd grade, so we had to celebrate the day. I wasn't ambitious enough to make my whole class green eggs and ham, but I did break out the paint. Last year I had my mom visiting to help, but this year I was on my own. Luckily all went well and it turned out really fun! Here are some pictures from the day: 

Back of the shirts we made. This was my solution to a child who couldn't seem to stop dripping or dropping the sponges on his shirt. We just added dots everywhere! They are supposed to copy the Dr. Seuss book, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish. 


This is the front of the shirts. It has "Dr. Seuss 3-2-09" written on it. 
The back
They made cute two-sided door hangers


I let students take turns on seussville.com which has tons of cute games and even a story making section. 
I had tons of crosswords, word searches, quote matching worksheets, and other fun Dr. Seuss related things.
 
And what Dr. Seuss Day would be complete without a bunch of Dr. Seuss books.

3 comments:

KatieB said...

i wish you had been my teacher!

Austin said...

Those shirts are darling!

The Upchurch Family said...

So cute! I want a shirt. Dr. Seuss is my FAVORITE. I used to frequent an art gallery in La Jolla that has a ton of his art and sculptures. Perhaps one day I will be able to buy my favorite Goo-Goo-Eyed Tasmanian Wolghast!