Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lila's Baby Blessing


On November 7th Chris gave Lila a baby blessing at church. I was excited for that day because there is just something sweet about a father giving his baby blessings that we desire for her, surrounded by men we love and respect. I was also excited because we had Chris's Grandma Eatchel and my parents come into town to see it. It was wonderful to have Chris's family and my parents there to hear it and spend time with Lila.
One of my favorite things about the blessing day was dressing Lila in her blessing dress. This dress has history! My Grandma Calder sewed this beautiful dress over 30 years ago and it has been passed from baby girl to baby girl including me. In fact, I was blessed in the same dress as Lila in Novemeber 28 years ago. I believe Lila was the 13th girl to be blessed in this dress!

Lila

Me

Me and Lila

me and my mom

Our group

My family at my blessing


The dress has a bonnet that was sewn to match and is so sweet but I blessed her in the head band because it shows her face better.

My parents

Me, Lila, Chris, Cohen, Camie, Calla, Michael, Debbi, Colin, Grandma Eatchel


Our little family!

The sweet booties Lila wore that no one saw under the long dress!

We woke her up to take some pictures before church. Her hair looks red here! It normally only has a tint of strawberry. Must be the pink sheet.

The words of the blessing were beautiful as was Lila. She was nice and quiet during it too which is always a plus! Thank you binky! We are so glad Lila is here in our family!

3 comments:

JennyLeighP said...

I'm sure it was such a great blessing! Wish I could've been there! She is so precious!

Susan R said...

Soooo cute. How amazing that that beautiful dress has lasted. It's a wonderful thing to have a tradition like that.

Annalisa said...

Congratulations. I love that you wore the same dress. Lucky number 13. Smiles.