Wednesday, August 11, 2010

First Week of Freedom!

The cerclage was taken out last Friday and I have been welcoming some much needed freedom this past week! I knew Lila wouldn't come right away, even though Chris was convinced she would. I think she's pretty comfy in there right now which is fine because the Dr's think she needs to put on a little more weight. I am feeling great and have been busy!

I made a mobile to go over Lila's crib because I couldn't find any I liked and the ones I did were expensive. I still haven't decided if I love it, but it works for now. I was going to use birds in different scrapbook paper, but I love these pom poms.


My brother-in-law, Mike, was kind enough to come hang the curtains in Lila's room. (I bribed him with homemade cookies.) I love them and think they add a fun pop of color on the wall. Maybe I should also mention that Mike hung a picture, helped me with my new monitor and taught me how to use the car seat so poor Lila can come home from the hospital and then actually join us in the house.



Now I am just waiting on wood letters of her name that are being hand painted to match her bedding by a talented lady on Etsy. They will hang above her changing table. I am also hoping to find a bookcase on Craig's list.

I have been shopping and walking around quite a bit to get out of the house and just because I can. :) Last night for my friend Nikki's birthday, some girls went bowling and had a great time. I don't know what it is about bowling, but it seems you are allowed to be cheesy in the alley. There was a lot of dancing and laughing to accompany the bowling. I didn't do so much dancing because, let's face it, no one wants to see a pregnant lady dance! There was a picture of me with my bowling ball but apparently the black shirt I was wearing was a little see through when the flash went off. Oops.


This is a picture I was hesitant to put on here, but I am trying to document this pregnancy. We had a pool party for primary and I squeezed into my swim suit at 36 weeks. I wore a big hat because I knew I was about as white as I have ever been from being cooped up inside for months and I really didn't want to be sunburned. I also covered my bottom half with a skirt because I know bed rest and pregnancy haven't been kind to my backside.

I will be 37 weeks tomorrow which will be considered full term. I am ready to meet Lila but am content for her to grow a little while longer. I just hope I don't end up having to be induced at 40 weeks after how careful I have been! Watch, it will happen!

2 comments:

Annalisa said...

Wonderful decor in the baby room. Lila will love it. Happy Birth Day to you! Hope all goes well. SMiles!

Elise said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Wish I could've seen you at Newport, but I'm so glad that you're almost full term! That's so exciting. Lila's room is adorable. By the way, the only way I kept nursing was because of how determined I was. If I wasn't so head strong about it, I definitely would've quit during that first week. You can do it!! And I was totally the same as you - more nervous about nursing than the delivery. Haha. Can't wait to see your baby girl!