Friday, August 20, 2010

Can You Say Nesting? 38 Weeks

Yes, I'm still pregnant. We'll just get that out of the way because every time I see someone or call someone they ask. Understandable with all the drama of the incompetent cervix. I asked my Dr. yesterday how she could stay in for 2 weeks after the cerclage was removed. Her answer was something intense like, "It just happens sometimes." Good answer.
Anyway, I still feel good and am doing good, just getting impatient to meet our baby girl. What have I done to pass the time? How about pull everything out of my horribly packed and messy closet to organize and get rid of stuff. Chris walked in and thought I had gone crazy. Maybe because I started this venture at 9 pm. I like to call it nesting.

I really did just pull everything out...

I managed four big bags of clothes, shoes and purses to donate and 3 big bags of trash (aka clothes or shoes that NO one would want.)
By the end I had enough space to store several tupperware that had fabric, ribbon and other such things that have been stacked by my bed for months. This of course triggered a need to clean out everything next to my bed and the shelving unit next to it. I went to bed really late that night with a nice little backache...
I can't get this to not be underlined.

Chris and I will be celebrating 8 years of marriage on the 23rd and since we don't know when Lila is coming, we decided to celebrate a bit early. We went out to a nice dinner at Bern's Steakhouse. It was soooo good. The best steak I have ever eaten, not to mention the sides there can stand alone. This is very important to me since if I had to pick, I would rather eat sides than meat. The decor is really fun there too. It reminds me of the haunted mansion at Disneyland. Very dark and ornate and a bit garish.

(38 week belly) I hope a baby post is coming in the near future!

5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You are seriously such an adorable pregnant girl :) Good work...I feel as if I have been going through "back to school nesting" this past couple of weeks...but my projects don't start at 9 pm, haha. Can't wait to see her, but glad you are still doing well!

JennyLeighP said...

well happy early anniversary! such a cute picture! we're so excited for you guys...we cant wait to see lila either:-)let me know if you need anything!

Annalisa said...

nesting is awesome for cleaning.

you look great.

smiles.

Jon + Kat said...

Totally going through your blog, I LOVE the room! That is super cute! I have my kids room done in trees and birds and I love it! I also am in love with the storage boxes above the closet. That is a way cute, yet organized idea! I need to go through the clothes we've kept. They are in empty diaper boxes. Not so cute! Good luck girl!

Jen said...

I am getting so excited for you! Seems like you are good and ready! I can't wait to see pictures of your baby girl!

Happy Belated Anniversary! I can still remember your reception!