Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Would You Do?


I am the Beehive Counselor at church, and my partner made the girls a little treat last Sunday. She was sweet enough to make one for me too. I happen to be trying to eat better and have been training at the gym for 6 months now trying to get skinny. I would be lying if I said I was just trying to be healthy. Anyway, after seeing what she brought, what would you have done?

This is a huge apple dipped in delicious caramel, then dipped in melted chocolate, then rolled in each girl's particular favorite candy bar. She had slyly asked each person their favorite type as if just having a casual conversation. Mine happened to be rolled in crushed up Snickers Bar.

So... what did I do? I kindly, sweetly said, "No thank you, I am trying to eat healthier." That's what you would have said, right?


NOT!!!!! 
Are you kidding me! I came home from church, enjoyed a green salad to limit the guilt, then dug into one of the best treats I have had in awhile! Chris walked by and told me that I can't claim to be on a diet anymore. Oh well. It was so worth it! Thanks Nikki, I won't hold you accountable for the weight I'm sure I gained. :)

9 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I definitely would have done the same. I have been craving an "apple pie apple" from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Yum! PS- You ARE skinny!

Wilde Lady said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Everyone should enjoy a break sometimes, especially from diets and during the holidays. Just say you started early.

Kirs:) said...

Are you kidding me Danielle? You've seen the size of my hips! The only true question is to share or not to share!! (NOT)!!

megik said...

YUMMY! go figure you guys get the GOOD treats when i leave. lol. i posted a pic like you asked. :D

Unknown said...

Ooh yumm-o! Those things are hard to eat though. I guess that's another reason each bite is so rewarding! Glad you enjoyed!

The Upchurch Family said...

Oh, my gosh...that looks SO yummy. Is she a professional? I'm sure she could charge a pretty penny for those. Don't worry about eating it...apples are part of the fruit group, right? ;o)

Austin said...

That looks amazing!!! I can never turn down sweets. One reason I'm scared to get on the scale after the holidays, you know how our family does dessert!

Filetti Family said...

Wow that looks good. It makes my taste buds water just looking at it. Did you share? I wouldn't of!

Danielle Harris said...

I did offer to share, but luckily Chris declined. He probably saw the hunger in my eyes! :)