Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Future Fashionista!


I have this 7 year old girl in my 2nd grade class this year that I am going to be keeping an eye out for in about 20 years. The last time I said this was because I believed I would see this other student's name and mug shot on America's Most Wanted. Luckily, instead I will be looking for this girl's face at New York Fashion Week. After morning work I give students who finish early time to either read or color. This girl picked a notebook out of my prize basket earlier this year and has been filling it with what you will see below. By the way, she comes up with the ideas and the NAMES all on her own! I think it is awesome!

How cute are these straps?!
"Just in case you're mad in the morning" she explains.



There's nothing like a fish bodice to hide the hips

Notice the hanger and the word "life." She told me the dress is in a life bag to keep it safe.

How smart to add a turtle neck so you can wear summer fashions in Fall!
She told me she felt she had to add an outfit for the boys. I hope it's for Halloween!
So culturally minded!
This is one of my favorites. Who can resist a dress called "Summer all the time?"
Don't most of us want to extend our legs?
Shocking! :)

I believe she was inspired by Snow White


3 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

Tears are rolling down my face. How do you not laugh all day long?! I hope you show these to her parents. A+ for creativity!

Kirs:) said...

What a treasure of a book that is!! I hope it is put in a safe place by her parents to keep for the future.
She will LOVE to have it when she is older:)
What an eye for COLOR she has :)

Annalisa said...

adorable. i like the one that looks like a tulip.