Sunday, February 26, 2012

Our House/Lila's 18 months!


We've been in our new house for a month now! We downsized, but it really doesn't feel like it except for closet space. :) There is a lot of natural light and an open living/dining/kitchen area. We are loving the house and the neighborhood! I still have a few more things to do to the house, but am mostly done. I posted pictures below. Obviously, we haven't done any painting which would warm it up a lot, but that's more work than I'm willing to take on right now.

Entry and dining area. Lila's room, guest bath and the den are to the right of the front door from this view. Laundry room is on the left, leading into the garage.

Dining room and looking into the master. Dining room is open to the main living area.

More of the main living room.

Just across from the couches.

Kitchen...obviously. :) I think the backsplash is one of my favorite things in the house.

Kitchenette. Sliders to the covered patio and backyard.

From kitchen looking into the main room.

Master bedroom. Looks out onto the backyard.


Still master, looking into the bathroom.

Den/craft room/guest room. It actually has two entrances and no doors so I hung curtains over both doorways to try to keep Lila out and for privacy when people come to stay (namely, my mom.) It is working so far...


Lila's room. I miss the tree decal she had on her wall in the old house but decided to use what I had on hand rather than buy another one. Those two paintings were done by my grandpa Rose and I love seeing them hung in Lila's room.

On an unrelated note, Lila is 18 months today! I can't believe she is so big already. She's still crazy busy, loves the outdoors, has enough attitude for 3 children, is a daddy's girl and loves to eat. I can't wait to go to San Diego in just 6 days so my family can get to see all her stubborn cuteness! :)

Lila "helping" me load the dishwasher.

Pretending to be shy on the swing at the neighborhood park.

Swinging and drinking water at the same time. My little multi-tasker.

5 comments:

Susan R said...

Your house is beautiful. So bright. Was it very far from where you used to live?

Danielle Harris said...

Nope, only about 5 minutes. Totally different feel in the neighborhood though!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Love the new house :) Glad you found something you love! PS-Lila is dang cute, I want to hug her : )

Annalisa said...

beautiful home & darling girl!! smiles!

jessy said...

Hey..your blog is very amazing, I love to visit everyday..
top web design companies
website design company
best website design companies
Website Design Companies
web development company india
web design company india