Monday, February 20, 2012

The move from...you know where!

After taking over a month off of blogging, there's lots to update!

Biggest news is we moved...5 minutes away! Those short five minutes make a big difference though. We hated our old neighborhood and wanted to get out before Lila got old enough to realize how bad it was. It was a long, crazy process and I'm sooo glad it's over. Our neighbor's in-laws actually are the ones who bought our house.

Every piece of paperwork seemed to have a mistake, need to be redone or resent, etc, etc. Our closing date took forever to actually be set so it was hard to plan ahead and know how much to pack. I did little bits at a time and started to fill the garage with boxes. We finally had a closing date and my mom was flying out to help me pack and play with Lila. She was going to be here just through the day of the move since I mostly needed her help beforehand. Just two weeks before the closing our date got moved up by 4 days and I wasn't ready! We had heard of people renting their house back out from the buyers to give them a little more time to get into their new place. We approached our neighbors and they agreed to give us an extra week after the closing. My mom flew in on a Tuesday night and we leisurely started packing Wednesday, thinking we had about 8 days to finish.

At 8:30 pm that night, our neighbors knocked on the door and dropped the bomb that apparently their realtor had just found something in our contract that says they can't do any deals with us of any kind. This meant we had to be out by closing on Friday!!! Chris tried all kinds of persuasion to do an under-the-table deal, but it was a no-go. That gave us about 40 hours instead of 8 days to pack, move and clean most everything! I wanted to cry, but that would have wasted time.

Luckily I had my mom there and I have some ridiculously amazing friends. Three of them came that night around 9pm and stayed until 2am packing. We were really, really lucky to be able to get into our new place early and get a moving truck first thing Thursday morning. My friend Lindsay took Lila all day Thursday and most of the day Friday and a bunch of other friends came and moved things over to the new house in their cars. Chris and some guys from church loaded all the heavy stuff and we just never stopped. It was a miracle, but we were almost completely moved out Thursday night and even slept in the new house that night. Chris finished the last of the packing the next morning while my mom cleaned and I started unpacking into the new house. I'm still in shock that we completely finished by Friday afternoon. The only good news was that my mom was there for all the unpacking and organizing which she is really good at. I literally have every box unpacked now and it feels so good!

We love our new house which has a big shaded back yard with a play set. Lila plays out there everyday and must think she's in heaven. The neighborhood is so quiet with shaded sidewalks and a YMCA just down the street that we joined for the gym, pool and kids' water play area. We are so happy to be settled!



Lila can already go up and down the slide and the ladder by herself. She's a little daredevil!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That is just so exciting!! I can't wait to see more pictures! Glad everything worked out!