Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Updates and Easter


Updates on Lila...or just scroll down for lots of Easter pictures!

Lila is 8 months old today! She is doing new things constantly and amazing me with how much she is growing and changing. I love how playful she is and her smile is quite infectious. She is a busy little thing and is a mover despite the fact that she doesn't officially crawl yet. She acts like she is going to crawl, then sticks her bum straight in the air like she wants to get up and walk, then finally resorts to going back onto her tummy and scoots around. In between scoots she goes back onto her knees and tries to crawl again. It makes for pretty good entertainment! She still prefers being on her stomach in the bath even though she sits up fine now. I think she likes sliding around and trying to drink the water. She splashes like a mad woman, then looks at me in shock when her face is covered in water.

Lila had her weight check today at the pediatrician's office. One month ago she weighed 14.6 pounds which put her in the 8th percentile. Today she weighed 15.6 gaining exactly a pound and landing her all the way into the 10th percentile...at least it went up! This is due to the fact that Lila has completely weened herself. Last month I started trying to supplement with formula since she wasn't gaining and she was having less wet diapers. I could tell that she was eating less and less from me. After a few days she got the hang of eating formula out of a sippy (I didn't want to deal with bottles.) I was hoping to both nurse and formula feed but as soon as Lila got comfortable with the sippy, she wanted nothing to do with me, not even the morning feeding! Honestly, I know she needed more and had been getting so distracted while nursing that I am not sad about being done. We made it 7 1/2 months. There are definite positives and negatives to both. The negative about formula I despise is the price. Holy Cow that stuff is expensive and goes fast!

Easter started early in the month with a sweet pop up bunny card from my Grandma Calder. Lila loved ripping the envelope open and immediately stuck the card in her mouth. This is where everything goes!

My mom put together an amazing Easter package for all of us, spoiling us like always! We received all kinds of fun things but here is Lila in one of the cute outfits she sent. I would have taken a picture of Chris and I devouring the Sees Chocolates she sent us, but I'm sure you can use your imagination for that one. (I still haven't figured out what the east has against the best chocolate, but we need a Sees!)

Lila's Easter basket. I added the poofs to spruce it up a bit.

Lila looked adorable for her first Easter Sunday except for the hour or so that she decided to scream during church. The rest of the day was much nicer! I took tons of pictures, of course.
Love this one!


Digging in!


Realizing there are puffs in her easter eggs.

Why do babies like anything that isn't actually a toy?

Yes, I coordinated us.

I had just fed Lila and was trying to keep her clean before taking some pictures. I can't resist that squishy tummy!

Doing a hunt at Mamie and Papa's later in the afternoon. Once she found one egg, she wasn't interested in finding more. I have a feeling this is the one and only year she will feel this way!

Showing Mamie their spoils.


Cohen decided he wanted to be her buddy. She's not so sure she wants to be his... Maybe she is holding it against him that he like to chuck balls at her. Not many 1 year old boys could resist!

She looks like a little easter egg.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:

AMSJ Warwood said...

I will let you in on my formula secret... (Well its not really a secret) But I had to start supplementing with Stella when she was 2 months old, and I have found out great ways to never pay full price on formula. I dont know what brand you are using, but I use Similac. I know with all of the formula brands you can go on their site and sign up for their rewards program I guess its called, and they send you checks for money off on formula. (I signed up all my family around me too so they get the checks sent to them and then I can use them) I have also found manufacture coupons in the newspaper for $5 and $3 off that you can use with the checks, so thats $8+ off on one container of formula. Well I hope that helps you, it sure has saved us a ton of money.

Susan R said...

Lila gets cuter by the minute. I love thoe cheeks.
We will be in San Diego visiting everyone soon. Can't wait!

Jenni said...

She is so pretty! What a beautiful family! I haven't read blogs in a long time and it was fun to see you and your family on here. Love it! Miss you!