Monday, September 20, 2010

Not a Shocker


I'm posting more pictures of Lila. Not exactly shocking, I am sure. She is very much still the center of attention around here and that's fine with us. We are loving her like crazy and getting to know her funny personality.
Chris's sister, Camie is excellent with the camera and very graciously offered to take some pictures of Lila. Here are just a few of the many gorgeous ones she took.

I love that the binky (or pacifier as Chris keeps reminding me is the real name) is almost as big as her face. :) These are at 1.5 weeks old.




So you can see her chicken legs and tiny body!



I took these a couple days later over Camie's shoulder. I'm sure her's turned out much nicer but I don't have them yet...you get the idea.


We have a lot of friends that were pregnant around the same time as us which is great for Lila. This is Francois (who used to and will again very soon train me in the gym) and Chris at the hospital. Luke was born a week and a day after Lila but outweighed her by quite a bit.


I love how Lila looks when she sleeps. She often cranes her neck up and to the side as far as it will go. When we try to move it into what seems to be a more comfortable position, she promptly moves back. Whatever works!

This picture is hard to see, but look at her right arm. She managed to work it under the strap of her outfit while sleeping. I knew it was big on her but it doesn't help that she doesn't stay still very often, even in her sleep. She doesn't stay quiet either. She grunts, groans, growls and squeaks regularly while awake and asleep...much to my entertainment.

I love this cute Paris dress sent by my sister. She wore it to church on Sunday (3 weeks old) and received many compliments! The bow may have been a little large in proportion to her head, but who cares about that, right? Like most of her clothes, it was a bit too big, but I couldn't resist putting her in it now.


I can't believe how much she is starting to fill out. I know she is still a lightweight but I can tell her cheeks are fuller, she sports a double chin with some expressions and she is longer. She doesn't fit length wise in her premie outfits anymore. Slow down Lila!

6 comments:

Holly said...

She is adorable and so tiny. I love the dress. I can't wait to meet her!

JennyLeighP said...

i love her! she's such a beautiful little girl! i wish i got to see her when i was there but i guess that will have to wait:-) love your little family!

Susan R said...

Okay, she is just the cutest, dainty little thing. She looks like she has a tan already. I love the photo of her sticking out her tongue.
Now about the trainer fella. I think we need some more explanation about him "training Chris at the hospital"....huh?

Jenna said...

LOVE IT! she is so precious! can't wait to see her soon! oh and you guys too ;)

Audra Bollard said...

Miss Lila has a great wardrobe (I must say) and you do NOT look like you just had a baby (so unfair). Thanks for posting more pic's of our newest niece!

Mom C. said...

We love you posting lots of pics...cuz we live so far away. Lila is a little doll! NILA