Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too Much Information


I was reading a chapter book to my 2nd graders today after recess. It was the BFG by Roald Dahl, which is about giants. The part I read had a description of one of the bad giants (the Bloodbottler). It talked about him being big, hairy, stinky, etc. One of my students yells out:

"Hey, he's hairier than my dad! He's hairier than my big sister! She has armpit hair and she really stinks!"

Nice. I really hope his sister never comes to get him at school because I don't think I could meet her with a straight face. Oh, and for those of you that read my blog about meeting the parents for the first time...yes, this is the son of "sweaty dad." I have only seen him once more this year and of course, he was sweating badly! 

I guess as a side note, this conversation didn't end there. Students started yelling out all the hairy people they knew. Well, except for one little lost girl that never seems to be able to follow along. She yelled out, "Oh, my brother! He's the skinny one!" Okayyyy. I have serious worries about that child. 

3 comments:

Kirs:) said...

You know why I love teaching primary so much??? One: because there is NO DRAMA & two: because kids will say just about ANYTHING!! And those that think they have family secrets have NO clue what is coming out of their kids mouths! It is so funny what they say! I do not know how you keep from busting up laughing all day:)

Unknown said...

Hey, my brother's the skinny one too! ha ha
The BFG was my all-time favorite book in 4th grade!

Karleigh Rose said...

Haha I'm majoring in El ed so I'm looking forward to all this stuff :)