Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby on Board

Thanks so much for all the congratulations! We are beyond excited about our coming baby! It has been a long, long, long road for us and we still feel like it's a bit of a dream. Although, the nausea helps brings things into focus a bit. :)

I am just over 8 weeks along and our projected due date is Sept. 2nd. Since my birthday is on the 8th, I am thinking this is going to be a great early birthday present. (I am thinking positively that I won't be having this baby ON my birthday. No late babies please!) This date works perfect for school since I won't have to leave a class mid-year and the year will end before I get too uncomfortable.

I feel lucky that I have only lost my lunch once so far and have moments of feeling pretty good. On a whole though, I am feeling pretty disgusting but can function. My best friends as of late have been: yogurt, oatmeal, applesauce, Honey Nut Cheerios, Ritz crackers, and Preggie Pop Drops (amazing candies that have something in them to settle the stomach.)

Chris has been the perfect husband of a pregnant lady. He has been cleaning, not complaining about my bland dinners, or lack of any dinner made, has been comforting, loving, and everything else. Plus he is as giddy as I am! We are now just praying that everything continues to go well. I will try not to be annoying with posts, but no real promises here. We are too happy to rein it in too much. Oh, and Audra, I will post a picture of me as soon as there is something to see!

9 comments:

Kira said...

This post just made me so happy! I want to hear everything-- don't reign anything in. I remember having to rack my brain for anything that sounded edible and Lance would run out and get it-- usually strawberry milkshakes and mozzarella sticks. Can't wait until you start showing!

Susan R said...

Pregnancy rights say that you can be as goofy, giddy and silly as you want to be and completely get away with it. No, really....I think it's written somewhere, it's a law. But wait! It gets even worse when baby is born.

Kelli said...

Danielle, We are soooo excited for you! What awesome news. I hope you start to feel better. Wait till you start feeling that baby move and then you forget about all the yucky stuff! Congrats again!

Annalisa said...

congrats! that is exciting news. be sure to take it easy. NO vacuuming, it pulls all the wrong muscles. Smiles to you! hurray!!!!

The Upchurch Family said...

I'm glad the Preggie Pop Drops worked!!! I might have some more for you, but I'll have to look. :o) I bought a ton of them when I was pregnant with Cohen. It's no fun when you're nauseous. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Unknown said...

Yay, yay, yay!!! I am so excited for you and Chris! Whoopie! Can't wait to hear more!!

whitney said...

I hardly ever look at blogs and I NEVER comment - but I came across your blog somehow and want to add my congratulations on your pregnancy!!! I remember you when you were a Sunbeam - coming to church w/ Audra all decked out - every hair in place and dress perfectly ironed etc..and wondering how your Mom did it!! You're a darling mom-to-be and I'm so happy for you both!!! Mari Short

Sarah said...

I am so happy to have stumbled across this announcement! You are going to be a wonderful mom! I can't wait to hear all about everything!

Susan R said...

Danielle, I need your email address. I made my blog private, so I have to add you to it.