Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Murphy's Law & Cracker Country... not together

I have never believed in Murphy's Law, where everything that can go wrong will, nor do I think people should always whine about how horrible their lives are and give the whole, "woe is me" speech. However...have you ever had days/periods of time where you believe Murphy's Law might really exist? I'm not being totally serious of course, but there are days when I can't believe how many things can really get in the way. My life is ridiculously wonderful so I'll stop here. Just throwing it out there after a very frustrating couple of days which have followed an almost laughable series of events.

Just to prove I'm not a downer, here are some pictures of my 2nd graders' field trip to Cracker Country. It is a turn of the century historical site with hands on activities. It was very hot and buggy, but the kids had a really good time despite the fact that I thought they were going to die of hunger since we ate at 12:15 instead of 11:00 as usual. :)

Making candles


Inside of one of the old houses they transported here


Making Butter

Ironing

Getting the juice out of sugar cane to make into honey

Train depot

A turn of the century house

The kids were worn out after just trying some chores for a few hours! I think it was good for them. Too bad most went home to video games.

5 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Well I hope the next couple of days, weeks, years, etc. are full of "if it can go right, it will go right" moments. I miss you! Love the field trips...hope they're as fun as a teacher as they were as a kid!

Kira said...

Cracker Country!! What a blast from the past! I went there in elementary school and haven't thought about it since.

No offense-- but it is a very real torture to take a trip like that in this heat. Poor kids... POOR YOU!!

The Pope Family said...

were is cracker country...I have never heard of that before?

JennyLeighP said...

sorry about your bad couple of days! i can't believe i forgot about cracker country...i actually remember making those candles and planting some seeds in the little farm area and making butter!

Annalisa said...

what a fun fieldtrip.